just to add another piece of info that I now noticed -
if I search for the 'Ceasar Dressing' font, used in the example, in the google fonts web, then I get this -
which is a different code from that used in the example, in that it used a different url, to the woff2 format, instead of the url to the woff format used in the example. When I change to this it doesn't work. So it seems that hotglue likes more the woff format. however, in http://www.google.com/fonts I find only the woff2 urls that don't work.
So what I did was to google - themes.googleusercontent.com, which was the initial of the url that worked, with the name of the font i looked for, and i found this cool source -
I used the url from there and.... IT WORKS!
I'm very proud that I hacked it, but I guess that it would be nice if we find the official way to use the woff format of fonts from google...